Tuesday, March 12, 2013

rainy day fashion

No one enjoys a rainy day. That just seems to be a fact.

But more specifically, no one enjoys how a rainy day can inhibit your outfit choices!

This morning I had an outfit already laid out from the night before, which is a rarity for me, only to realize that I couldn't wear it today since it was not "rain friendly."

And thus began the search.

This morning I chose an over-sized sweater and a skirt with a fun pattern to be worn over leggings with boots. I would've taken a picture, but as usual I was running out the door to catch a train this morning.

And while I definitely love my current clothing choice, especially because I love leggings and any excuse to wear them, my typical rainy day outfit is pretty solid. And pretty stylish!

Top: sweater, a chambray shirt, or both!
{All tops from Madewell}


The name of the game is comfy and cozy on a rainy day, so an over sized sweater is just perfect in my opinion. A chambray shirt is also such a staple, and also very comfortable - and if you're anything like me, you'll instantly fall in love with layering the two together!

Bottom: Colored Jeans

{Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, Old Navy}

Now, you may be asking yourself, why colored jeans versus regular denim?

My logic is, it's already a gloomy day. So there is nothing that I like more then finding the light in every day and situation, and if that's as silly as wearing bright pants on a dark and rainy day, then that's what it is.

If nothing else, it'll make someone smile!

Footwear: BOOTS (of course!)

{Hunter, Tretorn, Ralph Lauren}

Now, a neutral pair is always good to have so it can go with any outfit, but if you're like me and have multicolored boots (I happen to have white Coach boots with pink and purple C's), make sure to fit the rest of the outfit accordingly.

Hair: ANYTHING but down!
My go-to choices are a high bun or a side braid. Basically, anything that's not going to be destroyed by a trip outside is the key.

Also, as obvious as it seems, get a strong and sturdy umbrella.

The only reason that I make a point of saying that is because the wind turned MINE inside out at least 100 times on my walk to the train this morning.

And personally, I did NOT care for that.

1 comment: