Friday, March 22, 2013

new places and old faces

There are fewer things I enjoy more than trying new places and reuniting with old friends.

This week I had met up with my old friend Marissa, who've I've been consistently attempting (and failing) to hang out with since Hurricane Sandy.

We finally met up on Wednesday at a place called Thunder Jackson's on Bleecker Street in New York City.

This place had a fun dive-bar vibe that I really enjoyed, but what really stuck out to me were the fantastic deals.

Every day is happy hour from 11:30 - 7:00 with drink specials between $3 and $5 dollars. Wednesdays and Thursdays are Ladies' Night which brings additional $3 and $5 dollar specials through the end of the night.

In addition to that, there are incredible food specials to boot.

Basically, these are incredible prices for The Village.


I took advantage of Ladies' Night by indulging in the incredibly priced $3 glasses of sangria. I then had a Buffalo Chicken Sandwich for dinner.

Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches aren't the most difficult meal to make, but as far as they go this one was awesome!

For your side - definitely get the Filthy Fries, which have a little Cajun kick. No extra cost, but it is extra wonderful.

This blog isn't for restaurant reviews by any means, but I just enjoy sharing my interesting and fun experiences with the world.

With that said, have a great weekend.

And try something new!

1 comment: