Tuesday, March 26, 2013

my beauty basics

While I do not consider myself a beauty or makeup expert by any means, I do have my beauty essentials just like every girl.


As you can see, I seem to have an overflowing collection, but I tend to stick to six essentials that I use every day.

Personally, I try to keep my look on the more natural side.

I start with face primer first before I put anything else on. This is to ensure that my makeup stays on longer. It also puts a barrier between my face and my makeup, which protects against breakouts.


After that, I put on my tinted moisturizer. I used to use BB Creams
but happened to get NARS Tinted Moisturizer for free through a work
event and I have been using it ever since.


Tinted moisturizers exist to give you hydration and minimal coverage. BB Creams, on the other hand, provide you with those functions in addition to SPF, skin correctors, firming aspects, etc.

I'm thinking about switching back to BB Creams once my tinted moisturizer runs out since it has so many added features.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a good one? I've been thinking about going with Smashbox.

After that I'll throw on some blush, though not a lot because I DO NOT want to look like a clown!

Then on to my eyes! First I'll put on a separate primer for my eyes to keep my makeup on all day and to prevent smudging.

Then comes the eyeliner. Always brown, and just on the top lid!

After that, of course, comes mascara. I've perfected the whole routine to where it only takes about 5 minutes, which is completely necessary, because most mornings, I'm in a bit of a rush.

Below are the items that I use every day:



1. NARS
2. NARS
3. Lorac
4. Sephora
5. Smashbox
6. Urban Decay

So what are the items YOU use in your daily routine?

___________________________________


5 comments:

  1. My sister will like this post.. haha
    I'm following you through bloglovin (:

    nasty-lady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just started following you as well!!

      Delete
  2. I need to start a beauty regimen ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check these out! I love discovering new make up!
    Thank you for linking up with the Anything & Everything
    Blog Hop!

    xo Tori

    www.mythriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you now! I love Tarte blush and Makeup Forever foundation.

    Christina-Lauren
    http://inspirationsandcelebrations.net

    ReplyDelete