Monday, March 11, 2013

my boozy foodie weekend



Well, another relaxing and wonderful weekend is in the books.
In my world, Friday usually seems to fall as the casual night out with my friends. As much as I love how consistent we can be about that, I am so excited to mix it up this weekend with a holiday I love way too much for someone with no Irish blood whatsoever: St. Patrick's Day!

Saturday, Bryan and I went to The Good Life in the Massapequa Park area of Long Island. This evening was set up as a surprise dinner for me which as always, I was more than thrilled to go along with. 

While driving to the mystery destination, we went past this very interesting place that had a classic English telephone booth as its doorway. Of course, I felt the need to point out how interesting I found this to be and got even more excited when I found out that was indeed the spot he had chosen! 

Dinner consisted of an amazing beer selection and some of the best, if not the best, appetizers I've ever had.


If you ever get a chance to go, the Chicken Cordon Blue Balls will change your life. I promise.

After that we decided to go home for some wine, cheese and Saturday Night Live. For everyone else who has not had the pleasure of experiencing it, we make a mean cheese platter.


Of course, the purpose of this blog is not to review television shows. However, the fact of the matter is I watch a lot of TV that I am very passionate about and will probably end up discussing it here from time to time.

It is worth noting that SNL is one of my favorite shows. Not because it is the most funny or smart show on right now, because it isn't. The main reason I love it so much is because of the history that comes with a show that has been on as long as this one, not to mention the comedic geniuses it has produced. 

This reason was reconfirmed in this latest episode when Justin Timberlake officially became a member of the coveted Five Timers Club. To celebrate this occasion, many of the greats that have also achieved this honor such as Steve Martin, Tom Hanks, and Alec Baldwin all made surprise appearances. Needless to say, I think we could call this the best episode of the season!

On an unrelated note, I must say that I am excited for this week to start if it is going to bring weather similar to this weekend. Because quite frankly, I am over the snow. 


1 comment:

  1. I have often wondered why appetizers aren't their own food group. It's a travesty really.

    ReplyDelete